According to my always reliable calendar, it's been exactly 3 years today since I started this blog. My first blog ever was way back in 2003 on Xanga and then later I used MySpace as a blog until it became so 2005. When I started this blog I was just about to turn 30 and wanted a place to write about books, goals, the princess, general observations and the like. In the beginning I had no idea that anyone would ever read my endless ramblings, let alone have it turn into such a huge part of my life. I certainly didn't expect to have kept it going for this long!
I think longevity like that should be celebrated, so to honor my 3 years as a blogger, I'm going to host a giveaway!! One of the many cool things about my life is that I've been fortunate enough to meet a lot of my favorite authors. In the last year, I've tried to purchase additional books for blog giveaways every time I go to a signing because if I love something, it's even better when I am able to share it. So as part of my "yay for 3 years blogging" extravaganza, I decided to give away a bunch of my favorite YA books, written by some of the best authors in the genre (in my opinion anyway).
There will be three winners, and each winner will win three books. (See what I did there?)
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
Audrey, Wait by Robin Benway.
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab.
(Note: The 3rd and final book in the Hex Hall series, Spellbound will be released on March 13th!)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Shine by Lauren Myracle
All of these books have been signed by the author. (Or signed and Hanklerfished in the case of one book) Plus I've had the chance to meet and interact with each author resulting in amusing anecdotes and/or embarrassing fangirlish freakouts. In the coming weeks, I'll be reviewing a few of these books, but I've linked you to their Goodreads pages as well.
- Leave a comment telling me your preferred prize. You may also pay me a bunch of compliments on my wit, charm, and general adorableness, but that is of course optional.
- You may tweet about this contest for an additional entry. Please link back to your tweet in a separate comment. [If you're wondering what to tweet, feel free to go with: @cocoaellewoods is awesome. Plus she's hosting a giveaway! (Though she'd be awesome regardless) No pressure though...go with what feels right to you.]
- You may blog about this contest for 3 additional entries. Again with the linking back in a separate comment.
- If you are a current follower, give yourself 2 extra entries. (And btw, thank you!)
- If you've been led to my blog by this contest and decided to become a new follower OR you were hypnotized by the alarming level of pink and felt compelled to follow, give yourself an extra entry.
- Additional entry for following me (@cocoaellewoods) on Twitter. Please mention this in your comment with your Twitter name.
Now, I'm a reader and not a mathematician, but I think a chance for 7 or 8 entries is available here.
1. You must be a follower of this blog.
2. You must be at least 13 years old to enter.
3. This contest is open to US and Canadian residents only. (Sorry but my single mother's budget will not allow for international shipping.)
4. Contest will be open until midnight on March 9, 2012 and I will choose 3 winners at random.
Good luck and thanks for entering and for reading!